Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ramune aka Japanese Soda Drink with Marble in the Bottle

A description of the origin of ramune is here. But basically the one I got tastes like Sprite. It comes with a plastic plug looking piece that you press into the top of the bottle. This releases a hidden marble into the bottle. It also caused mine to fizz like a volcano all over my counter top. :)  It is difficult to drink at times because the marble blocks the flow of liquid.  But the kids loved playing with it.  It is a pretty cool novelty drink although it was way too sweet for my liking.  The marble, apparently, is extremely difficult to remove without breaking the bottle. I used pliers and couldn't budge the plastic top. But I'm pretty sure the movers packed my bottle for me! :) So atleast I got a cool souvenir!! :)


Bottle after removing the plastic wrap that covered the cap.


Bottle with plug sitting on top just after I popped it. If you look closely you can see the clear liquid puddled around the bottle.


See the marble covered in bubbles?


Tilted so you can see the marble.

Chug it Bella!!


Chug Chug Chug!


I love the tongue sticking out while looking at the marble!


Looking for the marble. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The plastic top comes off. You twist it counter clock wise and the marble is all yours:) We love getting these drinks as treats:)